Tuesday 12 July 2011

Restaurant review: Café Crème brûlée


   I cycled over to the local coffee shop today for a snack. You can see my bike in the picture.

   I had a cappuccino and a piece of dobos torta. A cappuccino (meaning "Capuchin" or literally "small cap") is an Italian coffee drink prepared with espresso, hot milk, and steamed-milk froth. The name comes from the Capuchin friars, referring to the colour of their habits. A dobos torta is a five-layer sponge cake, filled with a rich chocolate buttercream and topped with thin wedges of caramel.  It was invented in 1885 by József C. Dobos, a Hungarian baker.

  The price was inexpensive - $7, the service excellent and the ambience great!

1 comment:

  1. In my town, there is only one place that serves cappuccino. And they close at 4 pm, which is when I usually leave the office. barbarity is what I call this.

    Of course, one can always go to Starbucks, but bleh!

    ReplyDelete