Tuesday 9 August 2011

Restaurant review: Milestones



   Next weekend, I’m taking my mother and two of my daughters to one of my cousins’ wedding reception in the Lion's club hall of a small town up north. She got married on Sanibel Island in a beach destination wedding on the west coast of Florida about three weeks ago and stayed down south with her family until this week. I decided to take my mother shopping for a new outfit (Jacque Vert of course) to go to the reception with the help of my youngest daughter who got her diploma in Fashion Management so its nice to have an expert in the family when it comes to clothes. After all of the festivals to which I’ve been going lately and dining on exotic food, I hope that I’ll fit into my clothes as well.
Baked goat cheese& garlic flatbread plate appetizer

  At Milestones where we stopped for lunch during our shopping expedition, we had Baked goat cheese& garlic flatbread plate – warm naan bread, crisp Ciabatta toasts, spiced cranberry relish and fig jam for $9 as a shared appetizer, California spring salad with half portion of Mediterranean bruschetta – goat cheese, fresh sliced strawberries, red onion and spicy- glazed pecans on baby greens for $11, Butternut squash ravioli – Roma tomato sauce, goat cheese, fresh basil and spicy-glazed pecans for $17 and the  Lunch trio: soup, salad and half sandwich for $13 with 2 glasses of Woodbridge Chardonnay $10x2 from Robert Mondavi, CA, Green apple martini (Smirnoff Vodka, sour apple liqueur, real green apple juice with a Granny Smith apple slice ) for $9 and Strawberry lemonade  for $4. The total cost for three was $ 83 plus tax and gratuities.
Lunch trio: soup, salad and half sandwich

  We didn’t have any deserts as I find them not very appealing at this restaurant and my daughter agrees with me. The service was friendly but slow and I ordered chicken with my salad which didn’t arrive. I would recommend this establishment for folks who have time to spare. The glasses of wine were a bit pricey for 6 oz. but the mixed drink was really good. Ambience good but not striking. Moderately satisfied.

Butternut squash ravioli

California spring salad with half portion of Mediterranean bruschetta

No comments:

Post a Comment